TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Loka’s travel passes are valid for travel in one direction over a route, with each travel sector only being able to be used once.
2. Loka passes are valid for the person whose name they were originally issued in and are non-transferrable.
3. Passes are valid for up to 12 months from your date of departure. You can hop on and off anywhere at any of our overnight stops and key activity stops for the total validity of the pass. You have up to 12 months from your date of purchase to start your Loka pass.
4. Cancellation. For open-dated passes or 8 days outside a confirmed departure date the cancellation fee is 20% of the price paid for the pass; 3 – 7 days before departure the fee is 50%; less than 48 hours or once you have commenced travel, it is non-refundable.
5. If you miss your confirmed departure date and/or ‘no show’ for a sector, this sector is forfeited and you must make your own way to the next destination.
6. Loka recommends booking your sectors 24 hours in advance, or at least by 5pm the day prior to departure to guarantee to your seat. In peak periods (e.g. Christmas, New Years, January, Easter, School Holidays) we recommend pre-booking your travel dates if you’re short on time to avoid disappointment. Please note on Christmas Day and New Years Day there will be no Loka departures leaving Sydney or Cairns. Depending on your location, your Loka departure time, arrival time and/or inclusions may be altered on these days. Please visit the Loka website for up-to-date travel information. Queensland Rail does not operate any departures on Christmas Day. Services that may have left the previous day but arrive at their destination on Christmas Day, may also be cancelled.
7. Loka will endeavour to stick to its published itineraries, travel days and departure times but sometimes changes or events are beyond our control. We are not liable for any failure to follow published itineraries, travel times and departure days due to weather, traffic delays, train disruptions, other operators, season or any other reason. Please refer to loka.travel for the most up-to-date version of the Loka timetables, itineraries and pick up places.
8. Because of point #7, Loka can’t and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising either directly or indirectly because of any abandonment of, delay or variation in any trip, however caused.
9. While all care will be taken, Loka will not be liable for any sickness or injury to any customer or any damage to or loss of property while travelling on a Loka pass, or undertaking a service/activity that Loka, Loka’s partners, its staff or other Loka travellers recommend.
10. There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of a Loka pass. We strongly recommend that you have insurance to cover cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability. We do not take responsibility for the loss of your personal possessions however caused.
11. Our trips are adventurous. Travellers aged 16 or 17 years old can only travel with a signed consent form from a parent or guardian (contact Loka reservations for form). Travellers aged 12-16 must travel with a parent or guardian. Loka is not suitable for children aged under 12 years old.
12. If you travel on Loka, you consent to any images taken of you while travelling on Loka to be able to be used and distributed in any media, for any purpose, royalty-free. If you have any awesome images of your Loka trip that you would like to share with us, please email them to email@example.com or post them on instagram or facebook #LOKAtravel #thisisLOKA. By using these hashtags it is assumed that you’re giving us your permission to repost your images on our social media sites.
13. Loka reserves the right to remove any passenger if they believe they are threatening the safety or enjoyment of the other travellers and Loka guide. Any threats to a guide or customers’ safety, whether by verbal, physical or inappropriate behaviour may result in the termination of your Loka pass. In this instance, if a Loka driver or guide requires a passenger to leave the trip, there will be no refunds and the customer will be responsible for their own travel costs and arrangements from this point forward.
14. Published prices and inclusions in the Loka brochure/itineraries are correct at the time of printing, however when a new brochure is printed (as noted by the validity dates) it supersedes all previous brochures/itineraries. Loka reserves the right to vary any prices, inclusions, routes, overnight stops, departure times and locations without notice. Loka will do its best to notify other websites/operators of these changes, however Loka will not be liable for any other operators publishing or promoting outdated information. It is best to check Lokas’s website www.loka.travel or the Loka web app for the most up-to-date prices/products and timetable. Any included or free activities that are included in your Loka pass are non-refundable.
This is how we protect your privacy when you are dealing with us at Loka.
Our website www.loka.travel gives us a chance to collect information about you. Some of this will be able to be identified as about you personally – much of it will be as part of aggregated information. We want to keep you happy and your privacy is important to us – this document outlines where and how we gather information about you and how we use it. You have the right to access and correct any information that we hold about you – if you wish to do this please contact us.
The information we collect:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register in our system and for services that we offer. This includes registering to book on and off passes you have purchased and to use our mobile website and app and possibly for email newsletters or competitions. We will always need at least your email address but all additional information will always be optional for you to provide. To get the most out of our system and services you will usually have to provide some personal information.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
- We use google analytics to assess use of our website. This records all activity on the website. It does not connect this activity with any personally identifiable information.
What else do we do with the personally identifiable information?
- We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. We may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site. To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to your and your interests. For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- To offer location relevant information to you while you are travelling with us.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
We take all reasonable steps to keep the personal information that you provide us secure and to protect that information from misuse or loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. It must be noted though that total security of data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed as being completely secure. Therefore we cannot guarantee and we do not warrant the security of information transmitted to us over the internet and you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Can we change this policy?
Please contact us if you have any queries regarding these points at firstname.lastname@example.org.